This is a basic checklist to help improve the security of your home. Check these points against your own property and behaviour:
- Do you have a mortice deadlock or sashlock fitted to both your front and back doors or an Anti pick / anti snap cylinder lock?
- Check that these locks comply with British Standards BS3621. This is also important as its often also an insurance requirement and can invalidate your policy.
- Always use these locks, don’t ever rely on a ‘yale’ type nightlatch alone!
- Do you know where ALL possible keys are for the locks, would previous owners or tenants have had access to them?
- Secure all accessible windows with a suitable window lock.
This is a very basic checklist but it will help to increase your security. If you are unsure or don’t meet any of these points please contact us and we will help. By spending a few minutes and checking can save you many thousands of pounds in long run.